Technical Support / Deployment Technician
GeoConex is always looking for motivated and qualified people to fill positions at our company. Our dedicated, energetic and friendly team is committed to providing the highest standards of public safety solutions and customer service.
Currently, we are looking for an Installation/Support Technician in our Corporate Office located in Knoxville TN. This position will be responsible for staging systems at our facility and installation at client sites.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Install, configure, and administer networks and servers running Microsoft Windows 2016 or later.
- Administer servers and manage shared network resources including printers and shared storage.
- Install and upgrade GeoConex proprietary applications on new desktops and servers.
- Identify, evaluate, recommend, and deploy patches to servers and desktops.
- Administer enterprise anti-virus solutions using SentinelOne.
- Setup and administer enterprise backups using a variety of solutions.
- Identify, evaluate and recommend hardware and software products.
- Provide technical assistance with hardware and software problems.
- Involves the transport and installing of heavy objects and use of hand tools.
- This position will travel 60% of the time to customer sites.
- MCSE, CompTIA A+/Network + preferred
- Thorough knowledge of administration and support of Windows networking protocols, PCs, managing and configuring Microsoft Windows Server 2016/2019, MS Windows 10 and Windows 11, Active Directory, installing and configuring desktop applications.
- Comprehensive understanding of networks including, LAN, WAN, and TCP/IP.
- Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines, and prioritize tasks.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with others of varying technical competency including vendors, customers, managers, peers, and technical research staff.
- Strong learning capability and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of SQL Server a plus.
- Perform special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Medical, dental, vision, long-term disability and life, paid time off and paid holidays package.
- Casual work environment.
To apply, send a cover letter, salary requirements, and resume to email@example.com.