GeoConex® Corporation has been serving the public safety industry since 2001. As a leading integrator of
Public Safety and Homeland Security systems, GeoConex® provides comprehensive and integrated
services to government agencies in US municipalities, counties, and states. GeoConex® is always looking
for motivated and qualified people to fill positions at our company. Our dedicated, energetic, and friendly
team is committed to providing the highest standards of public safety solutions and customer service.
We are currently looking for a GIS Technician in our Corporate Office located in Knoxville TN.
- Collection and conversion of new customer GIS vector data and features;
• Conversion of raster data to tile packages using ArcServer;
• Developing workflows for new customers to maintain and update their GIS project using
GeoConex or ESRI editing tools;
• Documenting and training customers on the maintenance and workflow procedures;
• Work with customer GIS departments to collect initial data;
• Perform quality assurance assessments on new and existing customer GIS data;
• Provide technical support for MSAG, Addressing and GIS systems and databases;
• Create wall maps and map books for customers as needed;
• Improving and maintaining GeoConex GIS standards, processes, and documentation.
• Experience in analyzing spatial data in a municipal environment;
• Knowledge of modern GIS tools and addressing methodology for public safety systems;
• Knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server Databases and ArcGIS Server is an asset;
• Knowledge of ArcGIS Portal is an asset;
• Knowledge of Python scripting language is an asset;
• Strong organizational, time management and interpersonal skills.
• Minimum two-year College Diploma in Geographic Information Systems, Computer Sciences,
Engineering Technology, or equivalent experience;
• Ability to travel as needed.
Substitution of Experience for Education:
Qualifying experience may substitute for the required education.
• 4-6 years’ experience and knowledge with GIS databases and editing using ESRI ArcGIS software;
• 2-4 years’ experience and knowledge of ESRI integrated Python scripting;
• Competitive salary depending on experience;
• Comprehensive benefits package including, but not limited to:
• Simple IRA
• Medical/Dental/Vision/Life/LTD and STD insurance
• Paid Time Off accrued bi-monthly after 90 days
Please send resume/CV to our management team at firstname.lastname@example.org